Improving Partnerships with Parents
(Either in-house or open access training)
- Theory around the role parents play in their child's care and education
- Barriers to parental involvement
- Communication skills needed to engage all families
- Key strategies to developing and maintaining effective relationships
- Supporting parents to continue learning at home
Two 3 hour workshops, approximately a week apart, with a setting based activity in between.
- Workshop 1: During the first 3-hour workshop, delegates will take a closer look at the issues affecting parents’ engagement in settings. They will examine the theory behind the benefits of achieving greater partnerships and the link between effective partnership and supporting parents to improve the home learning environment.
- Gap Activity: Delegates will complete a work-based activity, reflecting on their own and their settings’ parent engagement strategies, in preparation for the second 3-hour workshop.
- Workshop 2: The second 3-hour workshop provides delegates with clearer understanding of evidence-based approaches to promoting the home learning environment. Delegates will review current practices on parent partnership and the home learning environment. Delegates are guided in developing a personal and/or setting plan to improve parent partnerships and support to parents on the home learning environment.
- Follow up support: A visit for in-house training or telephone contact with email support for open access delegates.
Cost: In house: Minimum of 8 delegates Cost FYT partners £150, Non members £200). Open access training FYT partners = £20 per person, Non members £30 per person
If you would find out more, please contact us.